Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ministry Requirements

Perry Noble posted in his blog earlier today, the photo below. I love this blog, so I took a screen shot so I could share that with you. As a person, called into ministry without a Master's Degree, I have come across these requirements multiple times. I hate reading these statement on post after post on a job board. It frustrates me and irritates me.  I'm not saying I don't like experience or that I don't like education and marriage.  I believe experience is golden, good and bad. I have this nagging desire to email these churches and ask them where people are supposed to gain experience when churches only hire folks with 5+ years of experience. I also want to ask them where all of this comes from biblically. I know it's a preference thing, but what if someone who would grow their church and lead folks to Christ wanted to apply? Their resume would assuredly be file 13'd due to a lack of experience, education, and/or marital status.  I also have issue with the term accredited.  Have you priced an accredited seminary lately? I sure have.  They aren't cheap, at all. So, someone has to take a loan typically to attend this type of school. Ironically, the Bible speaks against being in debt. My favorite part of this blog by Pastor Noble is his attention to the detail that even the Founder, CEO, COO, and CFO of this thing called Christianity, Jesus, wasn't qualified for positions such as these. So I have to wonder, if He isn't qualified, who is? Also if He isn't running the show and sending pastors, called by Him and not us, to lead our churches, who is?

No comments:

Post a Comment